Are you a person who is interested in working to save a life everyday, making a tremendous contribution to your community, or becoming part of someone’s legacy? If so, HonorBridge is seeking a positive, energetic, and highly motivated individual to join our team.
HonorBridge is the largest OPO in North Carolina, serving 77 NC counties and Pittsylvania County, VA. Our purpose is to recover donated organ, eye, and tissue from deceased donors for transplantation and other life-enhancing procedures. We partner with over 100 hospitals, 4 transplant centers, and other essential partners to coordinate the donation process, inspire our neighbors to register as eye, organ, and tissue donors and provide support to the families of those who give the gift of life.
Job Summary: The Director of Strategy and Operational Excellence is responsible for oversight and management of organizational strategy, performance improvement, and business intelligence systems supporting key operational goals and objectives. Leads and guides innovative performance improvement practices aligned with outcomes, metrics, performance measures, and strategic initiatives. Works in collaboration with HonorBridge leaders to leverage knowledge and data to drive innovation and outcomes. Guides, facilitates, and monitors key projects for effective performance improvement, innovation, and operational excellence with a focus on alignment and integration across organizational systems and results. Using sound judgment, data analytics, and performance improvement tools and methodologies, makes appropriate recommendations for changes in operations to drive performance improvement.
1. Contributes to HonorBridge’s Mission by being devoted to building connections that save and heal lives through organ and tissue donation.
Achieves job functions in alignment with HonorBridge values.
Trust – Honor the trust that people place in us.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We work as one. We celebrate all.
Service – Commit to service excellence.
Innovation – Embrace the power of innovation.
Passion – Live our passion for healing lives.
Adheres to HonorBridge’s policies, procedures, and standards
Builds caring and compassionate relationships
Consistently demonstrates effective communication
Promotes teamwork to ensure success at HonorBridge
2. Leads the organizational Strategic Plan Program
Directs HonorBridge’s strategic planning process and implementation
Develops interdisciplinary approaches to organizational goals as part of the Executive Team
Administers the Strategic Program throughout the year, providing regular status updates
Monitors progress towards achieving strategic goals and advocates for continuous improvement initiatives to meet those goals
Focuses on driving growth and success as it relates to business intelligence and performance improvement, in coordination with the Strategic Plan
Prepares presentations and reports for stakeholders, including the Board of Directors
3. Plans, oversees execution, and monitors key organizational performance improvement projects consistent with specific project objectives as defined in collaboration with process owner and key stakeholders.
Evaluates project objectives and scope for feasibility, clarity, schedule, risk assessment, and budget.
Collaborates with and guides process owner on needs analysis, ideation, implementation, completion, and goal assessment.
Develops project charters that align with stakeholder requirements and organizational strategic direction.
Implements tools and processes for advancing projects according to established timelines.
Documents and reports project status routinely to appropriate leaders.
4. Integrates statistical analysis techniques, systematic problem-solving methods, lean/six sigma, and other quality improvement and innovation methods as appropriate.
5. Collaborates with leaders to drive alignment, integration, and advancement in managing organization performance through excellence across organizational processes and results.
6. Directs and oversees the Continuous Improvement (CI) Program
Directs the CI Program Manager in their support of staff-driven CI Projects
Guides the work of the Think Tank (CI Council), as led by the CI Program Manager, in achieving organizational goals, objectives, and improvement initiatives
7. Researches and stays current with emerging process improvement methodologies and trends.
8. Provides coaching and training on performance excellence and improvement topics
9. Engages in national organ, eye and tissue donation industry meetings
10. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Quality and Information Officer.
HonorBridge is the largest OPO in North Carolina, serving 77 NC counties and Pittsylvania County, VA. Our purpose is to recover donated organ, eye, and tissue from deceased donors for transplantation and other life-enhancing procedures. We partner with over 100 hospitals, 4 transplant centers, and other essential partners to coordinate the donation process. We inspire our neighbors to register as eye, organ, and tissue donors. We provide support to the families of those who give the gift of life.